Niger State Police Command, on Saturday, August 1, 2020, confirmed the death of seven ladies from a generator fume on Friday at Rijau town in Rijau Local Government Area.
The State Commissioner of Police, Adamu Usman, made the confirmation to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna. He said Alhaji Mohammed Bello, the district Head of Rijau, reported the incident at Rijau Divisional Police Office.
The Commissioner said, “Alhaji Bello reported the discovery of seven bodies inside the Afrash Beauty Saloon located along Bawa Rijau road. A preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with the generator inside the shop. We moved the seven corpses to General Hospital Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation.”
The Commissioner then implored residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators. According to him, this would greatly prevent the loss of lives and property.